Summer Studying

Day 2 of summer school and I’m still feeling good! It’s going to be a lot of work but I definitely think I’ll be successful.

I was up this morning around 6:45 a.m. but I went back to sleep for a little while because my alarm went off in the middle of a dream! It didn’t make for a very good wake-up because every time I hit snooze I’d fall right back into my dream.

Breakfast looked like it was right out of a cereal commercial, minus the cereal:

breakfast2Can you say “part of this complete breakfast?”

plateScrambled eggs with mozzarella cheese:

eggsWheat toast:

toastAnd an orange:

orangesCoffee to drink!



breakfast1I had more time this morning that I did yesterday, which was really nice. I headed to class around 9:20 and was there in plenty of time.

Class today went really well! My professor went through all of the problems very thoroughly, making sure to write out all of the steps and waiting to make sure we understood it. I can tell this is going to help me so much!

After class, I headed back to the apartment and did something I’ve been waiting to do all weekend: clean out the fridge. Things were getting pretty smelly in there, so I emptied it out and gave it a nice scrub with a vinegar solution. I also reorganized things so everything fit well.

I also made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for various things, including a French press! I was going to order one on Amazon but the one at Wal-Mart was the best price, so I went for it. I’m planning to cold-brew coffee for iced coffees in the mornings. We’ll see how it goes!

Lunch was leftovers:

lunch1Cold lentil salad:

lentilsAnd bread with goat cheese:

breadAfter lunch, I went back to campus and got some good work done in the library during the afternoon. I’m trying this new thing where I do all of my work in solitude, without my computer and other distractions, if possible. It worked well this afternoon, and I was able to get a lot of work done in a short amount of time, instead of my usual grueling, distracted studying.

Then I met my friend Ben for coffee at Lakota Coffee. I had never been there before and I ordered an iced coffee that was really delicious! I let the barista put the cream in for me and she used half-and-half that was super creamy…yum!

Dinner tonight made use of the chickpeas I cooked over the weekend: curried chickpeas and cauliflower:

dinner1I simmered onions, cauliflower and carrots with diced tomatoes and vegetable broth until they were cooked through, and then added frozen peas, pre-cooked chickpeas and a can of coconut milk.

dinner3It simmered for another 10 minutes and then I served it over brown rice. Yum!

dinner2Tonight I am watching baseball and continuing to get organized for my chemistry class. Since the class is only 8 weeks, there’s a lot of work to do! I need to make sure everything is accounted for. Happy Tuesday!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s